Sunday, February 21, 2010

Architects out there, help me! Lake house design!?

We are designing a lake house which I have to answer a few questions. There are valleys on the east, lake in front and beach, flax bushes behind the house and hills in the valleys. I need to make the most of the sun and views and have a humble feel. Please help, I'm so out of ideas. I need to use all the technical words such as harmonizes and balance and repetition and stuff.





1. How can I create a back to nature feel for my client? (There are valleys and beach and lake)





2. How can I make the shape of my house compliment the environment?





3. How can I create a humble feeling for my client?





4. How can I position the windows so my client get the most of the sun and views?





5. What materials and colors can I use to best suite the environment?





Please tell me if these questions are relevant and please help me!





Thank you so much, I'm so out of ideas right now.Architects out there, help me! Lake house design!?
id make the house tradional or antique theme with high ceilings with exposted wood beams with a old canoe hanging from the ceiling in the living room,use alot of wood,wide knot wood floors,a big stone fireplace,white cabients with glass windows for the top ones in kitchen,alot of big windows with window panes and heavy wood moldings,maybe some mosse or deer heads.go to the store abercrombie to look around and notice the materials they use there for the lake house feel. also make sure most of the bed rooms have lake views and most of the room have a nice view the least import room to have a view is the bathroom because you spend the least time in there...unless its a big one!Architects out there, help me! Lake house design!?
taliesinarchitects

No comments:

Post a Comment