Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can you help me figure out the roof of my strawbale house design?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf鈥?/a>





I hope this link works!





IF NOT GO TO:





http://www.myspace.com/davispowell





and click on ';Pics';





I'm torn as to whether to do a more barn style roof and add a small loft space...or whether to try some kind of flat roof? I really am not sure....help???Can you help me figure out the roof of my strawbale house design?
from my own experiance NEVER use a flat roof -- they were Really popular here in the desert about 40-50 years ago and for the last 10 or so years the very bad results have been having to be rebuilt --





i am not talking the usual re-roof thing i am talking damages so bad that sometimes the only thing to do is tear down the house. most of the problems stem from hidden leaks in the walls that rot the house and cause hidden mold issues.





besides more space is NEVER a bad idea now is it! :)


the loft may not be used now.... but may be later. more added house value in the long run
  • kellybluebookvalue.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment