Sunday, February 21, 2010

What education do i need to be successful in interior/exterior house design?

im just about to graduate high school, and ive been interested in designing homes since i can remember. Im looking to do the same thing Sarah Richardson does, she designs lottery homes, and she has a show on HGTV about building her house, which i want to do someday, build one from scratch. I honestly dont know whats involved to get there, in terms of what to do to get my foot in the door, and education. My family has money for education and ill most likely be going on scholarship for softball, and high marks. Do you know what school/program i have to get in for this, how long it takes, cost, and any other information. Also, do you know how well this industry does in Vancouver, BC?





any information would be great! Thanks!What education do i need to be successful in interior/exterior house design?
Well multiple schools offer interior design programs. I too like you wanted to get into the field. But when I spoke to people who have graduated they told me that to actually be hired as an interior designer you have to have YEARS of experience.





My teacher told me that graduates are expected to work at places like home depot (don't know if you have them there) Its the ones with 15+ years of experience that get the high paying jobs.





Cost depends on the school that you go to. Some community colleges do offer low cost interior design school, but then again you can go to some universities for this. As far as the industry does around your area I'm not sure.





But the best of luck to you! I hope you break the norm!What education do i need to be successful in interior/exterior house design?
Check out art schools
I know you can take Interior Design and probably at UBC, i might be going there in 2 years :) You would get a masters because its university. If you want to design houses, you need to take Residential Architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment