Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cat house design for declawed, outdoor cats.?

I have an outdoor declawed cat that wanted to be outside all the time. As I was recently critcized for allowing my cat outside. In my defence, I will share with all you other cat lovers the ';cat house'; design I built so a declawed cat can be outside safely.





I used an A-frame design because it required fewer cuts, but accually it turned out to have other benefits.





The base is 4' X 2'6';. Now attach two 4' X 8'; boards to the sides to make a U shape. When inverted, your cathouse will sit 8'; off the ground to protect it from the weather.





Next, I made 2 roof pieces, 3'6'; X 2' and connected them at a 90` angle. Place this on top of your base and line it up with the back of the base, allowing a 6'; ';porch';. But don't attach the roof yet.





Now, measure and cut the pieces to make the back wall and front enterence. The key here is to make the enterence just big enough to allow your cat to fit inside. A small enterence makes your cathouse a fortress! (continued)Cat house design for declawed, outdoor cats.?
yes it would appear to be safe.





i think that is your question, but your cat is going to want more room to explore.





for brief trips outside to should be safe, but do keep an eye on him/her please.

No comments:

Post a Comment